Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maui


I'm finally posting pictures of our trip to Hawaii- our camera died right before we left so we had to buy a new one and it's taken a minute to figure everything out! We spent a week in Maui and loved every minute of it. It's such a beautiful place and the weather was absolutely perfect. I think we should spend a week there every February, it was heaven to leave the cold and the smog of Utah and soak in the sun and the beaches! We spent alot of time on the beaches snorkeling, we hiked into the National Park and to see volcanoes, waterfalls, took a boat out to do some whale watching, and just took in the sun. Thanks to our parents and my siblings for taking the kids- it was a nice break!




Haleakala National Park (Volcano @ 9500 ft. elevation)






You could see the whales surfacing from the beach so we took a boat out to get a closer look. They are amazing and huge! It was crazy to see them jumping out of the ocean and swimming around with their babies. They were so close to our boat we could watch them swimming underneath the boat.
Black sand beaches.


We hiked up to this beautiful waterfall in the state park.









I love the colors, the green plants against the black rock and the blue ocean. Everything was so amazing.






So Beautiful.




I talked Nathan into a Hawaiian Luau.

































12 comments:

Janean said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! I could use some warm weather like that right now! My next trip to Hawaii is Maui - I would like to go there.

Rachel said...

That looks so amazing! I am thoroughly jealous. I've never seen black sand beaches. How cool! *sigh* Did I mention I'm thoroughly jealous?

mena said...

I'm Jealous! I'm also really happy that you could get away and have some fun..just the two of you:)

Shellee said...

I can't wait to do something like that. I'm glad you had such a good time. It looks amazing.
ps- I think it's time to get together again. I'll try not to cry ;)

age said...

Looks so beautiful! I'm jealous.

the lunch lady said...

SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!

Sydney said...

Awesome pictures. I have never been to Hawaii and I am so jealous. The whale pictures are very cool. Jared

wild murdocks said...

The boys were way impressed with the whale picts.

And I think the "So Beautiful" line belongs with the picture below it. ;)

I'm glad you had a good break in such an amazing place!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! Looked like u guy's had agreat time!

Marshall Family said...

the pictures are gorgeous. i can't imagine spending a week with just my husband... it looks like you guys had a great time.

Sarah said...

There's no better place than Maui, I really believe that. I loved you whale pictures. Sounded like a great trip.

Mikesell Family Fun!! said...

You are a spoiled brat! I am jealous. If I could go any where I would pick Hawaii. You got some AMAZING pics. Thanks for sharing with us less fortunate!