Sunday, July 19, 2009

THE MIDDLE FORK OF THE SALMON RIVER

After much anticipation and many push ups, I along with some other fine boaters( Miranda's family) rafted this beautiful stretch of river. We had a fantastic time and this is the "happiest place on earth", not that place in California. Thanks to my trusty sidekick, my dad, the DOC did great for her first time in mountain waters. We only got hung up on a few rocks and were able to navigate the river without any mishap, other than my arms felt like jelly after the first day. Thanks again to all those that went and the Idaho River lottery system. Six years is too long to be away from such a special place.

Nate











4 comments:

wild bri said...

Nice photos Nate, you got a lot better ones than I did. I especially like the photo of all of us looking at Tyler after he apparently ran his big head into a tree or something? Also nice expressions as everyone drops into Tappan 3. It always looks like nothing in the photos, but I was pretty excited going over it. Selway next year!

Unknown said...

You did it! You posted! Sweet. That was fun. Thanks again for the pictures, they are awesome.

Grandma Nancy said...

Nice post Nate. I agree that 6 years is way too long to wait between trips. Here's to the 2010 lottery.

tiffy girl said...

Love the photos! It was a great trip, and we all had a blast! Thanks to our TL and her coin flipping skills. If you want send me some of your pics to go on the dvd. email to thenewtys@mac.com and send them actual size:)